If you have an interest in the arts, cultural or current issues, we want to hear from you.
The Source / La Source Newspaper, Vancouver’s only bi-lingual English-French publication, is searching for outstanding writers to join its English writing team. We’re looking for journalists – or budding reporters – who have what it takes to seek out and produce articles with multicultural twists.
– You will be responsible for producing at least one article a month.
– Editors will assign stories, but all writers are encouraged to pitch their own ideas.
– Excellent written and spoken English. Additional languages an asset.
– Experience at interviewing people for news stories would be a huge bonus.
– Experience writing daily and/or feature news articles a plus.
– Writing, Editing
– Communication and Multimedia
– Social Media
– Interest in arts, cultural or current issues
ROLE IS SUITABLE FOR:
1. Work alongside a staff of trained journalists and editors.
2. Build a writing portfolio of stories that cover Vancouver’s cultural scene and more.
3. Learn how to identify, pitch, and write articles in a challenging newsroom setting.
4. Pick up writing and interviewing tips from experienced reporters and other contributors.
HOW TO APPLY:
By email, C.V. included