Ever thought of putting condensed milk in lemonade? I sure hadn’t. But the Brazilians have, and it’s delicious. This ‘lemonade’ uses whole limes, making use of both juice and oils without the hassle of zesting. So it’ll take you very little time to go from ordinary Vancouver summer to next level tropical Vancouver summer.
• 4 limes, whole
• 1/2 cup sweetened
• 1/2 cup (cane) sugar
• 4 cup water
1. In a bowl, dissolve the sugar into one cup of hot water. Let the sugar water cool.
2. Wash the limes and cut them into eighths. Combine the sugar water with the limes in a blender or food processor, and pulse until the limes are in small pieces.
3. Strain the mixture and use a wooden spoon to press the liquid out of the lime bits.
4. Rinse the blender and put the liquid back into it. Add the rest of the water, and the condensed milk. Blend till frothy.
5. Pour over ice to serve and drink up.