I like to serve this bread with various dips like hummus and tazaki.
By mixing cumin and flaked sea salt you add a really nice texture to the bread.
- 450 g White flour
- 300 g Whole meal flour
- 10 g Cumin seeds mixed with flaked salt
- 12 g Fast action yeast
- 12 g Caster sugar
- 12 g Fine sea salt
- 45 g olive oil
- 500 g warm water
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the olive oil and rub in to the dry ingredients.
- Add the water and mix well. You want to make sure all the dry ingredients are wet and the dough is mixed, that’s all.
- Cover the bowl with plastic or a tea towel and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Take out the dough and scale it into approximately 110 g pieces, you should get 12 pieces.
- Leave the 12 pieces on a floured board to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pieces of dough so that they are about 5 mm thick and 15 cm in diameter.
- I cooked mine on a hot cast iron pan taking about 2 minutes for each side. They could be cooked on a tray or baking stone in a very hot oven for about 3–5 minutes. You may also grill the bread on a BBQ if you would like